Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Prodigals

While he was still a long way off, his father saw him
and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son,
threw his arms around him and kissed him. Luke 15.

Choices. Life is full of them.

I'm close to tears tonight. The kind that are born out compassion so deep it is difficult to even put your finger on that particular part of yourself. It is from nowhere and everywhere all at the same time. Tears that dance on the edge of your lashes and quietly spill over without so much as a sob or whimper.

When it comes to Miss K, I've shed plenty of tears. God, sometimes I almost can't believe how much I love that girl. I war between slaying all of her dragons for her and giving her a royal ass kicking of my own! I may not have given birth to her, but few would disagree that she's all mine when it gets right down to it. From the very day I met her, we've had an otherworldly cosmic bond.

And now, after months apart, she's coming home. A little battered, maybe even broken in some spots. But sometimes we need these battles scars, so we can re-believe in the truths of who we are and see more clearly the paths that lead us.
.
Stranger than your sympathy
And this is my apology
I killed myself from the inside out
And all my fears have pushed you out
And I wished for things that I don't need
And what I chased won't set me free
~GooGoo Dolls, Sympathy

No comments: