Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Heart Chakra


diagram from www.americanspiritualhealing.com

I've been thinking about my heart chakra this week.  Probably because I've been in a state of bliss.  My heart has been enjoying that hum of satisfaction that contentment brings.  Almost feels like it's beating just a little outside of my chest and has this magical ability to bring the world around me into harmony.

This is such a lovely place to be.  When I'm here, there is a security that everything will take care of itself!  There is no worry or anxiety ~ just presence.  When I'm in, it feels like nothing can upset the equilibrium.  When I'm out, I can feel myself resisting, wondering how it is you get back in.  As though I must go through an invisible veil.  Truth is you get here through a quantum leap, you don't actually travel through space but suddenly find yourself in a new spiritual location.

The heart chakra is the mid-point.  Our spiritual fulcrum.  The chakras below represent survival. The chakras above embody our spiritual quests.  It is the heart chakra that creates balance between our physical self (need for survival) and our gateway to living higher universal truths.

The forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi was reported to have the inscription Know Thyself carved into the stone.   All understanding must begin with the heart.  If the heart is not in harmony with all other aspects of life, there can be no fluidity, no forgiveness, no daring adventures to set sail upon.  It is the brain that acquiesces to the heart, not the other way around.  When the heart is congruently aligned with love, the brain will interpret the world from a vantage of courage and be undaunted by the ebbs and flow of life.  It is in this space that one can begin to know thyself.

No comments: