Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Names

So far, in this life, I've encountered some remarkable people. A few I've seemingly know forever and others have passed in and out. The best, are the ones that never leave me. Their spirit hangs around and continues to influence my ideas and outlook, all the while they have no inkling! Makes me wonder if I have ever been that to another? I suppose we are all that to someone but there are those individuals that are unforgettable, and even when they're gone, they're not.

This past summer I reconnected with a person that had been pretty remarkable to me, once upon a time. And, I doubt they ever knew the influence their life, though on a different and parallel course, had on mine. But I always had an awareness of their circle of influence. Perhaps in part, it is the way that such people help you to see yourself that makes them appear so damn exceptional.

For me at that time, I was just a girl. I had no idea how to be the person life was calling forth, yet. Oh there were lots of ideas forming and feelings seemed to rule my world ~ but I was still a longing, even to myself. There are no regrets on my part because I did the best with what I had at the time. So I have come to accept that I was enough, even though I spent years wondering. It was enough. It is always enough, every time, regardless of the circumstance. Loving who we are calls into acceptance those bits that are difficult to look at in the mirror. To see them as beautiful when we'd prefer to give them other names.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I have had quite a few people influence me in such a postive manner and hardly know them....of course that means negative people can do the same...and have.

I hope your day is getting better or was better and that your sadness goes away~ It took some time with some dear friends today to make me snap out of my bluriness....I hope you find your spot of happiness and can get through the clouds :)

Shelley said...

that is amazing!!! you are obviously a wonderful teacher :)

just in case you haven't seen my latest post, i have blogtagged you!

have a great day!