Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer

It is almost midnight and I'm sitting on my parents' veranda, watching and listening to the last remnants of vehicles pass through this little town. The temperature is still above 20 and I'm loving the warmth of this summer night.

I love summer. Don't know if I ever told you that but it is my favorite of the seasons. Summer reminds me that I must slow down and enjoy life, take special care to embrace the warmth and the sun and freedom of doing what I want to do when I want to do it. My mom is a teacher so ever since I was a kid summer was always a free flow kind of time. No rush, no hurry. Just long days designed for reading books and swimming in the river. It is nice to lose yourself that way for a while.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Slowing down and enjoying life....perhaps the most important skill we could learn in life!

Your post has a lovely relaxed quality.