Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Naked Tree


I took this photo a couple of springs ago. It is just down the 'south' road from where I grew up. To the left, the beautiful Miramichi river flows, you can't see it but I know it is there. It is here that the south road ends. My first love was a boy from the south road. On occasion, I drive down there for sentimental reasons. Part of me always hopes that he will be there and once again kiss me the way he did when I was sixteen. He never is, he never does. I think it is for the best.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Thanks for sharing this.
I had a similar encounter..I used to revisit the tree stump where it happened.. it definitely was for the best that we went our separate ways!

Angela said...

Rob, I'm not sure if it is good or bad to remember.

Mostly good I guess.